How do you apply as a freshman?

  • Students applying for the freshman year will need to apply to the School of the Arts Art Foundation Program. Students admitted into the Art Foundation program apply to the majors of their choice in the second semester of their 1st year.
  • Follow this link to apply.

How do you apply if you are a transfer student?

  • Transfer students must apply to the Art Foundation Program and indicate the major they would like to pursue. After Art Foundation reviews a transfer’s application for Art Foundation courses, the application is forwarded onto the major for review and decisions on the application.
  • Follow this link to apply.

How do I apply as a graduate student?

  • You can find the instructions on how to apply here.

Can you take any classes in the department if you are not a major?

  • All Arts majors who have completed Art Foundation may take Craft/Material Studies courses. Most Craft/Material Studies courses are open to all students though some courses have pre-requisites. Click here for dates on when classes open.

If a class is full or closed can I get an override into the class?

  • Click here to read our full description regarding overrides. Courses are capped at the maximum number of students permitted and overrides are not provided into our courses.

How many credits does it take to complete the program?

  • You can find the BFA curriculum details here.
  • You can find the MFA curriculum details here.

What type of careers are Craft and Material Studies alumni in?

  • We have a wide range of careers that our alumni pursue. Some of the careers our alumni are … teaching K-12 art, college teaching, studio craft artist, textile designer, academic administration, studio assistant, studio manager, curator, art handler, and craft production artist.