In traditional times, we hold auditions in person the day before and the day of the first day of classes. Given the unique situation in which we find ourselves, we will place students via video submission. All students interested in an auditioned ensemble will submit the same material for their auditions and indicate their preferred ensemble(s). Dr. Freeman and Professor Fusco will listen to all recordings and place students in ensembles. More information coming soon.
If you are interested in one of the auditioned ensembles (even if you have been in before), you must submit a video including three excerpts. You should upload the video by SUNDAY, AUGUST 16 at 6pm. Monday, August 17 (for Commonwealth Singers) and Tuesday, August 18 (for Vox Concordia), there will be a LIMITED number of spaces for students who would prefer to audition on Zoom.
We recommend registering now for your choral ensemble(s) of choice. Once we finalize placement, we can help you change your registration as needed. Please note: if you try to register for any ensemble and are denied due to enrollment numbers, please contact Dr. Erin Freeman for assistance. (email@example.com).
DEADLINE FOR RECORDING SUBMISSION: Friday, August 14 at 6pm.
UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: to your own Google Drive and Share the file with Dr. Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
ZOOM OPTION (LIMITED!): There will, there will be a LIMITED number of spaces on Monday, August 17 (Commonwealth Singers) and Tuesday, August 18 (Vox and Vocal Chamber) for students who would prefer to audition “live” on Zoom.
- To sign up for one of the limited spots for Commonwealth Singers Auditions on Monday, August 17, click here.
- To sign up for one of the limited spots for Vox Concordia Zoom Auditions on Tuesday, August 18, click here.
- To sign up for one of the limited spots for Vocal Chamber Ensemble on Tuesday, August 18, click here.
AUDITION REPERTOIRE: Submit four things! All in one video (but you can edit them together if you want).
- State your name and preferred ensemble
- Your Part to Lift Every Voice and Sing
- Intervals from F# as listed here.
- Sing this rhythm on a G natural at Quarter note = 100.
- Simply introduce yourself and sing all four excerpts.
- Using your phone is just fine! No fancy equipment needed.
- Make sure you are starting on the correct pitch for the song and the interval exercise
- Sing a cappella
- You may record separate tracks, but we prefer that you send it all in one file. If needed, you may send in multiple files, but please put them in one folder that you share.
Please contact Dr. Erin Freeman at email@example.com with any questions.